I believe a company must give direction with their selected values and "put-to- life" those expectations. I tend to call them "Tangible Actions" to the values. These actions should be something an employee can understand and integrate into their daily activities. For example these bullet points below could be considered "Tangible Actions" to the Values.
- Have a Customer First approach (looking from the eye of the customer).
- Having a "Line of Sight" to the Company Indicators when problems are solved.
- Taking Ownership and Responsibility to making a difference in the workplace.
- Visualizing the company goals and status in work areas or the production floor sharing with employees the current situation.
- Judge each situation finding the facts using the "Go and See" for yourself approach.
- Never giving up - a commitment to complete the task/problem at hand
- Using a complete and timely process when solving problems (with the Customer in mind)
- Follow a good "thinking process" to solve problems (PDCA management steps)
- Ensure there is Thorough Communication between all stakeholders within the company
- Develop Standards within the company to easily see problems when they occur
Til next post